Sunday, June 25, 2006

One Year On....


So!! The time has come when I am gathering all the work I have been making over the last few weeks {ahem months}...and getting packed up and ready to depart tomorrow for the Exhibition. I am looking forward to it, and really excited about seeing all my new work out together...as a progression from last year's degree show, to now....One Year On. I am a bit nervous too :/

I finished my new pattern at last {above}, and am very pleased with it....I would quite like to do it in other colour ways to see how it 'changes'. I did try to photograph my new pieces today but the light has been shocking {grey grey days...} so I will take some more at the show {and of the display} to let you all see when I get back!!

One Year On at New Designers previews on Wednesday 28th June, and opens to the public Thursday 29th June - 2nd July at the Business Design Centre, 52 Upper Street, Islington, London.. If anyone would like to pop by and see me that would be great!! I will be back home from the big smoke on the 3rd...and will let you all know how it went then!!

So, for a week....farewell my friends!! Thank you all so much for all your encouragement and support of me and my work whilst preparing for this show...your kind words, advice and positivity have helped me no end! I hope you all have a great week...sending out HUGE hugs! Wish me luck ;)
xox

13 comments:

shari said...

good luck my friend! i know you will have a blast. i wish i could be there and see all of your beautiful pieces together. i will miss you while you are away and will be eager to hear how it went! sending best wishes to you for an awesome show. BIG hugs, shari xxox

Anonymous said...

Good luck Abigail. I am sure it will be a great success! I love the pattern - very curious about the rest of the work and report on how the show went!

Anonymous said...

Love the new pattern, and good luck with the exhibition!

julie said...

GOOD LUCK - just had a look at the site ...amazing and your work looks so beautiful - you have nothing to worry about. There is so much talent out there!!
I also liked the textile designers..wonderful. Wish I could come!

lisa solomon said...

you don't need it - but GOOD LUCK!

wish i could be there to see the lovlies in person [great new pattern!!]

xoxo looking forward to tall tales upon your return!

Anonymous said...

Your work is so very beautiful. And, as I've mentioned before, your illustrations are just as breathtaking as the final pieces. You should really consider having them made into fabrics. I know I'd love them in my home!
Best of luck! Maryellen Quarles

Anonymous said...

the best of luck!

you work will go down a storm

N x

Anonymous said...

good luck!!!!!!!! I know you will do amazing & have an attack of the pox :D xxoo

paula said...

I'm mad about patterns and this one is fantastic.
Good luck at the show and enjoy every bit of it.
bjs
paula

amy said...

good luck abigail...you will do great! I can't wait to see the pics of the display {and yuor new pattern is gorgeous!}

Anonymous said...

Wishing you loads of luck & more... cheers, grache

Kerstin Svendsen said...

that pattern is beautiful!!!!!is it for fabric or wallpaper or what? (sorry if you've explained this before on your blog and i missed it.) anyhow, it's stunning.

Anonymous said...

beautiful pattern!