Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Oh!!!....


I have been locked out of blogger for the last few days, as I was forced to change over to new blogger {mmm?} - I think I am still signed in to the old account, but I am just over the moon to be able to access my blog again!!! It really made me feel unsettled not to be able to - how funny :) So I shall make the most of this - and if I am absent for several days, you will know why!!

First off - I want to welcome beautiful Isla to the world...congratulations sweet Claire - I am so happy for you and M!! I can't wait to meet her in person!! xox

Next up, I have a new post up on WhipUp about a great jeweller Margaux Lange who makes really beautiful, unusual and challenging art jewellery. Hope you enjoy it :)

The butternut squash pictured above was from dinner the other night...as soon as I cut the squash open and laid it out I thought it was so pretty and kind of 70's - the colour, the light :: It became part of a lovely dinner - ginger lime sea bass, roasted spiced squash, stir fried oriental cabbage and broccoli with ginger....it was good, and not at all 70's ;))

I hope everyone's week is off to a flying start. Mine is - I have just spent the afternoon having a lovely time with Sharon and have more plans for tomorrow too....I think this week is going to fly by. Lots of work being posted out...samples for stores, sales, fun treats....:) I am looking forward to the weekend already!! I am thinking of going to see a film this week and can't decide between Babel or Notes on a Scandal....any suggestions??

Wish me luck with the impending blogger battle!! see you soon!

xox

11 comments:

Janet said...

Hello you,
I saw babel last week, you need to watch this simply for the scenes in Japan. Earth, wind and fire soundtrack in a Tokyo nightclub blew me away. Looking forward to my trip there even more now. i came out undecided overall though, slightly overated in hindsight and don't go if you are slightly down, but as I said worth it for the shots in Tokyo. Judi Dench is nominated for an oscar for Notes on a scandal though but I don't feel I need to see this on the bigscreen, wil wait for DVD. Phew that was longwinded....Babel x

Anonymous said...

wish i could recommend - but our movies come out so much later here! :) let me know what you decide...i hear babel is supposed to be fantastic.

mm, now i am craving squash for some odd reason...mmmm...

KELLY said...

dear abigail,

how dare blogger lock you out!! welcome back :) and welcome to new bloggerdom?!

that dinner sounded so scrumptious...it must have looked a work of art on the plate with all those colours...and so good for you...even better!

films...it's always the same...lots on that you want to see all at once. i guess that the awards season is a factor. i read the book (notes on a scandal) so would really like to see how it turns out on the big screen. babel looks great too...love cate blanchett so i hope to see both. i'm most excited of all to see the science of sleep which comes out in about a weeks time down here...

xxx

lisa solomon said...

SO glad you regained access. thank goodness!!

i love that squash photo - very very 70's....

you sound busy but happily so... xo

Marieke said...

Hi Abigail, I've seem Babel (which is great!) but not the other one so I cannot really compare. Have a lovely week, in anticipation of the weekend :-) x

donna said...

Hi Abigail,

Love that photo, I had squash with my dinner last night, but it didn't look anything like yours by the time I managed to cut it..it was hacked to bits!

I've put a link to you from my blog, I hope you don't mind?

D x

shari said...

should we exchange squash recipes? tom made a butternut squash beer earlier. my fave way to eat squash is to simply cube it, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and then bake it in the oven. simple but delightful. as for movies, i haven't seen either. i want to see volver. xo shari

Cally said...

Posted a bolg birthday wish on your relevant post.

I too have been forced to new blogger and got freaked by my blog disappearing, then returning sporadically but all messed up. Glad things seems to be settling in now and peopel can comment again.

It's a weird feeling to think you're locked out of your own blog. I kept posting but I couldn't see anything.

Anonymous said...

Love your photo of the butternut squash, the ginger lime sea bass sounds delicious! Enjoy the rest of the week, and have a fab weekend!

masaoms said...

Hello!!
Yesterday i saw your post in Whip up and i posted it at my blog too, Margaux have a really good jewels!! Thanks for the link!!

Anonymous said...

Great that you've managed to get in again!! I had a great day too :) and went home feeling all inspired. If only I could make a career out of visiting other artist's studios and eating bagels!

Hope you're having a good weekend :)

x