Thursday, May 29, 2008

Swoon with me now...



...the absolute highlight of my trip this year! I have wanted to visit here for so long...this intreaguing, beautiful little shop nestled in the Marais, and finally, the stars aligned and I made it. I was not disappointed....everwhere you turn, beauty lives. A simple, pared down, pure beauty that cuts through all the noise and bustle of the city and makes you feel like you can live your life more simply.... 

I was very lucky to meet and chat to the lovely owners {makers of the lovely things}...as always, I am left wishing I was more fluent in French {one day, I promise I will be!}...but so nice to see and hear what it is like for artisans living and working in a different place from me. 

I will be bringing a good selection of their beautiful wares home with me...divine vases, little dishes, a porcelain platter inprinted with tiny stars...fleurs de printemps...I can't wait to find places for them in my home. le sigh.

...if you are the kind of soul who loves nothing better than brown paper packages, tied up with string {topped off with a hand pressed porcelain button no less!} and a place where white stars are inlaid into a polished concrete floor....this will be your true North.

Enjoy, and Merci Le Petit Atelier de Paris....I am so glad you do what you do!
xo

12 comments:

lisa solomon said...

oh yes... swooning now...

CASPER said...

Swooning also! Divine! Pure and lovely! Ah Paris!
ps. j'ai trouve que peut-etre vous avez mal ecrit le site/ the link to their site is (a petit typo) http://www.lepetitatelierdeparis.com/welcome.html

Anonymous said...

Swoon! Definitely on the list for next visit. So beautiful.

Welcome Home said...

wow... so lovely, sounds like you're having a great time too! x

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh. i never knew this existed. thank you for showing it. beauty in its truest form! xx

hannah said...

i am, i am swooning with you.

KELLY said...

i'll be swooning all day over this. what a special place. i hope one day i can make a visit.

you look like you're having the most wonderful time...keep enjoying. x

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes. Completely swoon-worthy. Thanks for the photos, g xx

Anonymous said...

Oh, tooooooo beautiful. xo lj

Marieke said...

ooh, it's such a great shop.. Will be in Paris next week and your posts really bring me in the mood! If you're in for a cafe let me know! x

shari said...

oh wow. you always have the best finds. xox

Anonymous said...

Hi Abigail

Thank you so much for your kind note on my site. I'm happy to know that you loved this little atelier, I can't wait to go back too :)

Look forward to reading more of your lovely posts!

Best wishes,
keiko